Dementia information pack
Being told that you or a loved one has dementia can be a traumatic and worrying time.
But help and advice is available from a variety of sources.
To help patients and their carers cope with the life-changing impact of dementia, North Norfolk CCG has kindly shared their virtual information pack. The aim is to signpost people to the wide range of free help and support available following diagnosis and to provide answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The free information available to dementia patients and their carers includes:
An NHS guide for people newly diagnosed with dementia in Great Yarmouth and Waveney download here
To order or download a copy of the dementia guide, click here
- Carers: looking after yourself
- Alzheimer’s Society THIS IS ME leaflet
- Alzheimer’s Society list of free publications
- Alzheimer’s Society: eating and drinking advice for people with dementia
- Admiral Nurses: how can they help people with dementia?
- Age UK guide to living with early-stage dementia
- Age UK Norfolk: services to support older people in later life
- Norfolk books on prescription service: reading well for dementia
- Norfolk Safeguarding Adults Board: advice and information for those with support and care needs
- Alzheimer’s Society dementia guide
Thank you to North Norfolk CCG for sharing this information.