Norfolk and Waveney Designated Safeguarding Children Team
As Designated Professionals we offer a strategic professional lead on all aspects of the health contribution to Safeguarding Children and Looked After Children (LAC) across Norfolk and Waveney.
We represent health on the Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board and many of the sub-groups. We are responsible for advising on the performance of all NHS providers on safeguarding issues.
Independent contractors and their employees have key roles to play in the identification of children who may have been abused, those who are at risk of harm and in subsequent intervention and protection; as such all staff have very clear safeguarding responsibilities.
You will find information here to make sure that your practice meets the statutory requirements for safeguarding children by providing information and guidance.
The members of the Designated Safeguarding Children Team for Norfolk and Waveney are:
- Designated Doctor for Safeguarding Children & Looked After Children - Dr Sarah Steel
- Designated Nurse - Catherine Knox
- Designated Nurse Looked After Children - Anita Bagge
- Deputy Designated Nurse Safeguarding Children - Lucy Parsons
- Named GPs - Dr Suzie Fiske and Dr Jane McIntosh
- Quality Assurance Manager - Bindy Price
- Business Support Manager - Michelle Custance
- Administrator - Jodie Coxhead